Originated in Sarawak, Malaysia on the island of Borneo, the 3rd largest island in the world. The group was born in June 2014 started as an experimental traditional contemporary music driven by the spirit of traditional Sape’ tunes blended with traditional drums from a different tribe in Borneo.
The name AT ADAU comes from the combination of words from two Borneon languages. AT refer to roots in the Bidayuh tribe’s language and ADAU in the Kenyah dialect is the name of the preferred tree used to craft the Sape’, a traditional string instrument from Borneo.
AT ADAU musical creations do not only represent the feelings and expressions of the band but also reflect peace, serenity, appreciation for nature, and a deep love and harmony between people around the world, regardless of cultural background, races and boundaries.
- Rainforest World Music Festival 2017-2019 Performer
- Kuching Waterfront Festival 2016 Winner
- Borneo Talent Award 2015, Special Talent Award
- AIFFA 2015, Winner for Short Film Category
- AIFFA 2017, Winner for Short Film Category
- Hourly: $169
- Weekends (Sat & Sun): $169
- With Entire Band: $579 Per Hour
- Type: Instrumentalist
- Time zone: GMT+8
- With Entire Band $579